Below are resources that can assist with your construction project.
- General Construction Information
- General Submittal Requirements – New Buildings and Additions
- General Submittal Requirements – Alterations/Remodeling/Commercial Buildouts
- General Submittal Requirements – Miscellaneous Projects
- Architectural Façade Ordinance
- Architectural Façade Ordinance – Industrial
- Downtown Architectural Detail Guide
- General Demolition
- Residential Roof Mounted Solar Photovoltaic System
- Repair of Village Pavement, Curbs and Sidewalks
- Back yard Hen Requirements
- Residential Standby Generator Requirements
- Fence Requirements
- Underground Lawn Sprinkler Requirements
- Residential Swimming Pool Requirements
- Residential Wood Deck Requirements
- Finished Basements, Bathrooms and General Home Remodeling
- Residential Air Conditioning Requirements
- Yard Shed Requirements
- Detached Garage Requirements
Commercial / Non-Residential - Fast Track Permit Processing
The Village of Grayslake's Fast Track Permitting Process is a system designed to provide clients with up front information on village codes, procedures, expectations, specifications and forms with the goal of completing the non-residential permitting process in 40 calendar days. This process is designed to give clients a sense of what is required, make the permit process easier, facilitate communication throughout the process and turn around the permit process in a shorter time frame.
The Fast Track Diagram outlines the suggested time frame, meetings, and what is required at each meeting. The Submittal Checklist specifies the documents required to complete this process. Please follow these as a guide through the process.